Fresh thinking from Daisy
Right after we moved to Texas, I opened a container of Daisy Sour Cream to make our dinner. For any of you familiar with Daisy, they have a foil sealed thingee under the lid, and printed on top of the foil is what they call "Fresh thinking from Daisy." Well, that day, the fresh thought was "friends are like a rainbow...always there for you after a storm." This was significant to me for three reasons.
- I was really missing all of my old friends. (I still do.)
- I was making lots of new friends. (I still am.)
- It wouldn't stop raining.
Silly as it is, it reminded me that even though it was really hard to leave everything and everyone we loved so much, when it settled down, what was really important would still be there for us. Eventually the rain stopped and when we looked around we found we were right where we belonged. And I didn't lose anything.
So last night, Parker and I were making fajitas, and when we opened the sour cream, we got this sage advice:
"Pleasure can be found in the world's ordinary miracles."
How true.
Oh, the lid also said one more thing. "Use clean utensils every time you scoop Daisy."
Great advice.





0 friends are talking:
Post a Comment