Student Council
The kids all came home from school yesterday talking about the upcoming class president and student council elections next week. All three are going to try for it. They have to prepare and give a speech no longer than 1 minute in front of their classmates and then there is a vote. They are not allowed to campaign in any other way. Anyway, I digress. The reason I am writing about this is I wanted to share Aliza's speech. She wrote it herself. She said, "I know a good way to start. I should say: 'I would be a good class president because...'" and here is the rest of the speech:
"...I want to help make the school a better place for everybody. Some of my ideas are can drive, and book day, game day, one more minute of recess, pajama day, and 20 minutes of free time if good. I will represent you and your ideas at meetings. I will try to be a good leader."
Tyler suggested she say 5 more minutes of recess, but she said that 5 minutes would take up too much learning time.
I hope that it turns out to be a good experience for each of them, whether or not they are elected. I think that the 6th grade gets to have 2 student council rep's from each homeroom class, and the other grades get a class president. Don't quote me, though!





0 friends are talking:
Post a Comment