Feels like...random Monday
I am feeling pretty random today. It's one of those days when I am just flitting (is that a word?) from one project to another in an attempt to get some stuff done. Thursday night I am "hosting" a neighborhood meeting where a couple of school board people are coming to share info with us about our upcoming bond election. They want to bond $760,000,000.00 (yes, that is seven hundred and sixty million dollars) to keep up with the growth in our district. Oh, and to make our high school bigger and better than any of the ones in all of the surrounding areas. I think they went around to all the high schools and saw what each of them have and said, I want that! Anyway, so I guess I need to get my house clean enough to be presentable, but not so clean that I am mad when it is over because of the messy floor. :)
I loved President Eyring's talk yesterday about ending each day by looking back over the day and writing down one thing that happened where the hand of the Lord was involved. I thought that was a cool way of remembering our daily blessings and focusing on positives, not negatives. I can't wait until Thursday when the talks are all on-line so I can go back over them!
After my post yesterday, Heidi commented that I look so young in the picture I posted of right after Parker was born. Well, I have to say that I have known Heidi for about 15 years, and she still looks as young now as she did then! However, her kids are still little (4 year old twins and an almost 3 year old...) and believe me, Heidi, they will age you. Just wait! :) I have earned all of my wrinkles and little gray hairs and I am sure I will earn many more before this is over!
Other stuff going on this week:
I am about 1/3 through this:

I have my eye on this: (isn't it CUTE???)
Opens on Friday: 
But we'll be busy with this: (The Virgin Queen will just have to wait!)
And we are busy getting excited for Halloween...
Well, folks that is about as random as it gets....I got some laundry to do. Oh, I found a new detergent that I'm trying out (for the smell, of course). It is Tide's new Simple Pleasures Vanilla and Lavender...mmmmm! We'll see how good the smell stays on my sheets!





2 friends are talking:
Yes! You know I buy detergent just for the smell!! BTW, your blog is so super cute. How do you do the backdrop?
That purse is super cute...where is it from?
Post a Comment