full day, happy day
Today is going to be a very busy day, and a very fun day. Aliza's class and the whole 2nd grade are going to the University of North Texas to the Elm Fork Education Center on a field trip. It looks like it is going to be cool...they have a planetarium/sky theater, as well as an archaeological dig. Aliza wanted me to be able to come really bad, so I am glad I can. I read the blogs of you young moms with your leetle ones, and feel a teensy tiny bit sad that my kiddos are growing up so fast. I love to watch them grow, but mom's not the center of their world any more. So it is nice when they are still so excited to have me around!
After the field trip, I get to help out at the Book Fair again. Nothing makes me happier than being surrounded by all those yummy books. If I were a millionaire, I would never have enough time in the world to read all the books I could buy!
And Wednesdays mean Cub Scouts and it is our monthly Pack Meeting and Committee meeting. Parker earned a lot of awards last month, and has started to work on his requirements for his Weblos badge. This Saturday, our troop is participating in CUBE at Meyer's Park. Our troop is in charge of a booth where we will teach up to 1,000 boys how to make those pine cone and peanut butter and bird seed bird feeders. Thank you so much to my mom and Morgan for gathering almost 900 of those cones from under the snow in the cold and sending them to us! Pine cones are scarce in Texas!
And Tyler has Young Men. They are practicing for our Stake Road Show. He has a little speaking part and is really excited for it! The Road Show is going to be held on the Saturday that I am in Utah, so I may have to sneak in to a couple of practices so I can watch him! He has another scout over nighter at Erwin Park this Friday night, and then they are doing service hours at the CUBE activity, helping with the bird feeders.
So, to sum it all up, I get to spend my day with my favorite people in the world! I'll be doing what I do best, and nothing makes me happier!





0 friends are talking:
Post a Comment