October is my month.
One week from tomorrow night, we are going to see Broadway's "The Lion King." I am so excited! The only Broadway musical I have ever seen was "Les Miserables" when they made their annual trip to Salt Lake a few years ago. One of the awesome advantages to living near Dallas is that there are tons of cultural opportunities. "Wicked" was here in the spring, before we got here, and "Sweet Charity" (with Paige Davis, for all you Trading Spaces fans) was here this summer. We are so lucky to have these tickets. Our friend Brenda (the ones in Gunter where we have gone for holidays) has season tickets, and through some misunderstanding, ended up with extra tickets for the show. So she just gave them to us. And they are awesome seats. They are in section D (center on the floor) row P (which is like row 16). I absolutely cannot wait. 
It has backfired on me before. A couple of years ago, I used the Birthday card to see "Elizabethtown." What a crappy movie, a total waste of time, and a waste of my birthday bribe.
I am wondering, though, why Cate Blanchett is playing Elizabeth again. She was awesome in 1998's Elizabeth. So I am excited to see her again in this one.
At any rate, October is my month. I love October.
**edited: So I am looking at the stars of the new "Elizabeth: the Golden Age" and they are all the same people (ie Geoffery Rush) so, using my brilliant powers of deduction, I am guessing it is a sequel. Even better.





2 friends are talking:
If Maris won't see Elizabeth with you, you should come with me and my friend Amy, we are counting down the days! BTW, bookclub is Thursday the 11th at Cheesecake. Hope you can come!
I'm so jealous! Those are awesome seats for what's sure to be an incredible show. I say milk your birthday for all it's worth!
Post a Comment