"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

WFMW-Notebooks

As I get older, I find myself losing more and more of my memory. There are lots of things I could blame it on, but we'll just leave it at that! Anyway, I have started to carry around in my purse, my car and my church bag a small notebook. I got mine in the dollar bins at Michael's. When I run out of something in my kitchen, I write it down in the notebook and return it to my purse. I also make lists of what small errands need to be run. That way, when I am at the grocery store, I'm not standing there dumbfounded in the baking aisle trying to remember what I needed. I may still be standing there dumbfounded, but it is not for lack of a list. I also don't forget "what else I wanted to do while I was out." Also, while I am at a store and looking at toys, books, etc., instead of impulsively buying things, I write down where I saw it and how much it was. This especially works with books, because then, next time I'm at the Library, I can just pull out my list and I know which books I saw and wanted. Also, I can remember where I saw "that toy" and know if it is a better deal at this other store.
I keep one in my church bag so that I can remember a scripture or a topic that I want to look at in more detail later, and also to write down favorite quotes from talks. I can also write down specific announcements that I want to remember, or phone #'s of new people , or I can hand it to a child during the talks to keep them quiet.
The one in the car is to write down where I saw a specific store I would like to go to later when I have more time. We are new here, and sometimes I can't remember which intersection that cute little boutique was on.

For more creative ideas, click on over to rocks in my dryer.

3 friends are talking:

Anonymous,  October 10, 2007 at 12:19 PM  

This is a really good tip. I really should start doing that. I don't think I'm old, but being a mom of four boys, sometimes I think my brain goes on strike for a while. Anywhoo, wonderful tip. I really like the look of your blog, so when I get some time after the kids are in bed, I think I'm gonna come back on over for a while. Ta for now dahling!

Michelle Alley October 10, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

Popped over from Kristi's blog. I so love making lists too, the only problem is - I usually loose them or leave them at home. Glad those notebooks are working for you. I love you quote header - it was our seminary motto in 1991 - great memories! Thanks for letting me stop in!

Jamie October 10, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

I need to to this! We are moving in a few days! Craziness! It came so fast!!

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates