"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

Friday Night Fun

So last night Aliza went to a birthday party. When we drove up to the house, the Sweet and Sassy hot pink limo was sitting outside. She was excited for the birthday party, but she suddenly became ecstatic...If I'd had any idea, I would have taken my camera. Aliza got into the limo and the girls listened to the Disney Station and squealed. Girls. I'll post pic's if I can get my hands on some!
Tyler's friend is the big brother, so suddenly, Tanner had someone to hang out with. When we drove up and he realized Tyler was there, he hot footed it out of the pink limo ASAP! Ty ended up going with them to the mall where they enjoyed ribs for dinner. Then, the boys rode home with the little girls in the hot pink car. Shahna said they were being good sports, but I think that secretly they enjoyed it! Tanner's big sister was also having a little get-together for her b-day (the two girls have b-day's one day apart!) so she had a couple of friends over. Do you know how funny and yet weird it is to hear 13 year old girls talk about your baby son? After the party, Tanner and Ty were messing around and one of the girls just sat and watched them while saying, "You guys are so funny!" giggle giggle. He can't date till he's 22, girls.
So that left Parker and I, because dad was at work. We decided to go on a date and we grabbed a bite at Culver's and went to a movie. There is a theater over in McKinney off of the North Central Expressway (take that, Janette!) where kids (and matinees) are always $3.25, and adults are only $5.25. And they have first run movies, not old ones. Like, for instance, Fred Clause opened last night, and it was playing there. We decided to see "Bee Movie."
Parker really liked it. It was basically a public service announcement about the importance of bees mixed in with the humor of Jerry Seinfeld. Jerry made the movie bearable for me. No, really it wasn't that bad. I just don't know that I want to see it again. In fact, Burt, from Burt's Bees gave a short commentary at the beginning about how bees are mysteriously disappearing from the earth and how bad that will be if it happens. They have a name for it, Mysterious Bee Obliteration, or something like that (Colony Collapse Disorder?). For more information you can visit Burt's Bees. That will finish the public service announcement portion of my blog. Back to the movie. Synopsis: Jerry (it was so good I don't remember his bee name. It was Ben or Burt, or something. They all had "b" names.) was a bee who was ready to become a worker bee (I thought they were all female?) but wanted to experience something else first. So yada yada yada, he falls in love with a human, sues the beekeepers and kills all the world's flowers, almost obliterating the human race and everything else on the planet. Luckily, in the end he saves the world. The end. Parker said that when it comes out on video, he wants it. Yay.
And finally, here is a Saturday funny, that only a select few of you will even understand:

3 friends are talking:

Gary Church November 10, 2007 at 9:34 PM  

I'm so impressed! There will be a quiz tomorrow in RS on all the different names of the same dumb streets. lol. That is ... IF I make it to RS ... darn that blasted cutie Ryan!

My name is Andrea November 11, 2007 at 8:44 AM  

Soon he'll be 18 months old and you will take him to nursery. It happens really fast. :(

Gary Church November 11, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Alas, the quiz will have to wait. I came to sacrament meeting by myself and left after the amazing talks today because I had to go home to trade places with Gary. Ryan's got thick green snot coming out of his nose. I love being a mom.

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates