Class "Holiday" Parties
This blog is going to go into Christmas overload if I try to post the last 4 days in one sitting, so I won't. I'll start tonight with Friday's class parties and maybe do Christmas Eve and Christmas Day tomorrow...The kids had "Holiday" parties at school because they are not allowed to say they are having a Christmas party. (Whatever.) I was lucky that I got to spend a little bit of time in each of the kids' parties, but spent the most time in Tyler's. After all, this will be his last year of class parties...next year he is on to bigger and (better?) or at least Middle School. In Aliza's class, I read "Olive, the Other Reindeer" to the kids. Then they made door hangers that looked like reindeer out of the outline of their hands and feet...cute. Lucy was excited that I was there. I absolutely love her teacher, she has been so positive and good with Aliza.
Here they are after I read the story getting instructions on what they are doing next.
On to Parker's class, where I got there just in time to watch the tail end of the ornament exchange. They played the game where you pull out a number and then can take one from someone else or can choose a new one. Parker pulled # 15 out of 20, so he had a pretty good number. I had to laugh at Kashard because he pulled a Dallas Mavericks ornament and then hid it under his desk so that no one would take it from him!
Parker stole this pretty pink snowflake from Christian because Christian did not want it and begged him to take it, but after I left, Parker ended up trading it for a snowman made out of "real wood!!!" Park thought that was so cool. BTW his teacher made the whole class these fleece scarves. How cute!
Here is T with Mrs. Patton, his homeroom teacher, as well as his Science teacher, and his friends Nicholas and Dru. Nicholas is also playing basketball for Prosper, but they didn't get put on the same team. His mom and I think it is because they are the two tallest boys playing and they were trying to make the teams pretty even. His friends Tanner (from church) and Klein (from school) are both on his team, though.
For T's ornament exchange, they played the left,left, right game while they read a holiday story. He ended up with a pretty cool ornament...it is a "kissing ball." :) It was a styrofoam ball covered with kisses and a candy cane for the hook. He scored big.
This little girl ended up with the 1/2 ton gumdrop ornament that we made. I hadn't put a hook in it before we put all the gumdrops on it, so we compromised and tied a ribbon around it for the hanging up part...like a tree wouldn't tip over if you put it on it!
T and Nicholas as the bell rang and they ran out looking forward to 2 whole weeks away from homework! They both take AP classes, which involves sometimes 2 or more hours of homework a night! They have made some plans to get together over the break, we don't have to be back to school until January 7th!!!
When we got home, Liza Lu made more of our star ornaments...she loves to glitter, and I am learning from my mom to let the kids be more creative and not worry so much about glitter all over the floor...you all would have been so proud of my letting her do this...I didn't even hover. And look how proud and happy she is!
Well, that was about it...I can't even remember now what we did after the kids got out of school at NOON on Friday...it all became a blur!If anyone wants a star ornament, just let us know!! :)





2 friends are talking:
Love Liza's star ornaments. They are beautiful!!!
Good guts Andrea, you update faster than Reuters!
Post a Comment