The great outdoors
My Impatiens, on the other hand, are obviously not loving my Texas dirt. I didn't think that they would, but Aliza thought the flowers were pretty and asked if we could buy them. We have morning sun in our front yard, so it is not too intense, and the little placard in the plant said sun to part sun. That surprised me because impatiens usually do better in shade. Am I wrong? Regardless, it was an experiment gone bad, and it is not a pretty sight!
Speaking of Aliza and the great outdoors...last night at Tyler's baseball game, the cicadas and crickets were out in full force. The crickets are 1 inch long and when they walk across the street they look like mice scurrying. Anyway, I walked into Aliza's room this morning and found her icee cup with 3 little, er, I mean big, crickets in it.GROSS!!!
If she thinks that I am letting her keep them in the house, that little girl doesn't know her mommy very well!





6 friends are talking:
just feed the crickets to the tarantula!
Get those yucky bugs out now! RUN.
Dude, someone, please, get that poor girl a Barbie, lol.
You should fry them up for dinner, mmmmmm! I think there's a recipe for that on Janette's blog. :D
YIKES! I hate crickets--even though I know they can't hurt you I am still scared of them! I am a wimp--I know it!
my kids had a "pet" spider last fall. it was huge and gross but they loved it and fed it flys and other little bugs we'd catch outside.
it was so gross!! i was so happy the day we released back into the wild....waaaaay down the street so it wouldn't find it's way back to my backyard.
Post a Comment