Supercells.
That tornado in Arkansas started as a super cell that went over our house at about 2 am. Our hail was only about 1-2 inches, but in Prosper they had softball size hail. I got up and tried to take video of the spectacular lightening storm, and it wouldn't video very well, but I am posting it below anyway...the lightening and the sound are kinda cool. I made Maris turn on the TV and see if we had any tornado warnings, because my kids were afraid that a tornado was going to hit in the middle of the night. I lied and told them they usually only hit in the afternoon. The weather showed the storm as it moved and showed where there were 4 distinct areas of rotation. It was kinda scary. All 3 of our baseball/softball games are cancelled this weekend because the fields are mud. Guess that frees us up!
This is from our front porch. The still picture above is just a random one, not here.





2 friends are talking:
girl, you must have been up all night. it didn't start until late. we had our noaa radio already to go.
You are so not funny! I was going down your blog and imagine my suprise when I came across your ultra sound picture. I almost fell out of my chair. I didn't check the date on the post. You got me so bad! I was freaking out at my in laws!
Post a Comment