"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

Taking a break from vay-cay pictures to be tagged...

Jessica and Rene both tagged me and they are obviously new to blogging because all the rest of you know that I am horrible at responding to tags. But since they didn't know that I am going to do it....



JOYS

1- Listening to my kids talk to each other, and hear them be friends. It gives me hope that they will still like each other when they are big.
2- Feeling happy with who I am and where I am and what I am doing.
3- Doing thinggs with and for others...

FEARS

I will agree with Jessica on all three of these fears. I'm sure I could find more things to be afraid of, but these are pretty good ones!

1- Losing someone that I love
2- Not being good enough in general
3- Not being a good enough mom to my kids

GOALS

1- Read more...(good books)
2- I have some crafty things I want to do...I'm going to knit a hat today!
3-Scrap old pics and learn to digi scrap the last couple of years!

CURRENT OBSESSIONS

1- Scrapbook paper.
2- Laundry (always).
3- Getting organized enough that PTO is not a nightmare this year.
4. **bonus** Picasa....I {heart} it.

SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT ME

1- There is nothing surprising about me. What you see is what you get.
2- I don't like gossip. It makes me feel yucky. That's not to say that I haven't ever or ever will...but I prefer to avoid it. Friends should have other things to talk about than other people.
3- This is not new, but still surprises people...I love to do laundry. I currently like Tide Clean Breeze.


Tag # 2:

4 Things You May Not Know About Me:

1. I love a good PB and J sandwich,
2. I dislike crafting with my kids. It frustrates me.
3. I would prefer to take the kids on a trip to someplace they can learn something than to Disneyland.
4. I have never been to a Disney Resort. But I have been to Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, Arches, Cannon Beach, San Diego Beach, Washington DC, the River Walk...and I am happy.

4 Places I Go Over and Over:

1. Wal*Mart (unfortunately. I hate Wal*Mart. But I love to be nice to the greeters, it seems to surprise them.)
2. various ballfields in Prosper...the HS, the Middle School, Main Street.
3. The Neighborhood pool.
4. Baker.

4 People That Email me:

Eddie Bauer
Sarah J. (the PTO VP)
Noelle
Land's End

4 of My Favorite Foods:

pasta
steak
chocolate
diet coke

4 Places I'd Love to Be:

my mom's house
by the pool reading
in my air conditioned house
San Antonio

4 Movies I Could Watch Over and Over

The Last of the Mohicans
Gone with the Wind
Meet the Robinson's
Groundhog Day
**bonus** What About Bob?

I tag you if you want...

9 friends are talking:

ChellaJ [Rachelle] July 25, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

I have to ask...do you like to fold the laundry too?

Lisa July 25, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

I thought you quit the diet cokes? I could have sworn I saw that post a while back... ;)

The A Team July 26, 2008 at 12:01 PM  

i'm obsessed with diet dr. pepper too. i love getting it at sonic with lime...yummy!!

Auntie S July 26, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

Hmmmm, didn't make your e-mail list so I guess I had better e-mail you!!!

LOVE Groundhog Day, Love it!

My name is Andrea July 27, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

i don't do diet coke on a regular basis, it is an occassional treat, although i did drink quite a bit on the road trip...i still like it a lot!

Becky July 28, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

It is always fun to know what people say about themselves...even if we think we know them! Your trip sounds fun and awful all in the same sentence. I wished we could have gotten to see you guys while you were here. Maybe next time or the next time we travel through Texas.

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

I like that I am on your list of those who email you. :)

Anonymous,  August 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Did someone say they would love to be in SAN ANTONIO??

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates