I want More...
A couple months ago, Maris got one of those things from United Airlines because we had a few miles with them that were about to expire. Last year we subscribed to a bunch of junk magazines from Delta that when they started coming, I just threw in the recycler because I didn't want the content in my home, especially with my emerging teenage boys...
So when we got the United one, I warned Maris not to sign us up for Glamour or Cosmo because they would go right in the trash...
I have now gotten two issues of this magazine:
At first, I was a little offended. Ummm, I'm not 40. Yet. I won't be for about 13 1/2 months. But, although I have not had time to actually read an issue of it, and I probably never will, it is refreshing to see articles about clothing that's not made for teenagers, but does not have an elastic waistband. It has models that are older that 15 and advertises food that is healthy. How to get a good night's sleep. Getting back into the workforce after raising your kids. And info on the health issues facing those of us in our prime (Heart disease, breast cancer). There was even a layout on "little black dresses" that were actually something I could see myself wearing, if I had a cocktail party to go to. Which I don't. You can tell a lot about a person by the magazines she subscribes to. My mailbox holds Better Homes and Gardens, Real Simple, LDS Living, the 3 pack of Church magazines (Ensign, New Era and the Friend) and now, More.
I am a middle-aged LDS woman who dreams of being organized and decorating my house.
That's me!





5 friends are talking:
So true. You can tell so much about someone by what they subscribe to. At the moment I have the friend, Ensign and I think that's it. Oh wait my in-laws send me Consumer reports every year and sometimes it can be interesting. Also someone just signed me up for Allure and I have no idea who it was? I used to get scrapbooking mag's but not sure if it expired or just can't find me. I need to get that again!
So that's me! Confused? Yeah , me to.
That sounds like a GREAT magazine! The last time we got one of those offers, all of the mags listed weren't anything I'd ever really sit down and read.
OMG - don't judge me by what I subscribe too! I signed up for just about everything that came in english from our frequent flyer miles - I read them all too for the most part ;) And I can't pass up a People magazine. Does this make me a bad person? I read the Ensign too...
But for the record this is my favorite magazine:
figuremagazine.com
- because its nice to see fashion for us big gals!
Well you look just barely 30!
You must have missed the issue where I was on the cover!
Post a Comment