"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

Girlfriends...

This last weekend, I went with Noelle, Nancy J and Connie to an undisclosed location for our semi-annual scrapbook retreat. When I leave I always have grand intentions of regularly scrapping at home (something I stopped doing when Aliza was 1, Park was 3 and Ty was 5) and catching up on years and years of memories. But, I don't. So these 3-day weekends end up being the only time I do it. (But, I have resolved to do some at home before my next trip...)

And...it doesn't hurt to have a little time with my girlfriends away from all the stresses of everyday life!

I forgot to mention how much I love this friend:

I've never actually taken the time to enjoy the hot tub amenities, but they are there:
In between scrapping, we eat the yummy meals and snacks that are all included. Not only do we spend the weekend with our bestest friends, but someone else cooks...Heaven.
But I don't want you to get the impression that it is all play. As soon as we get there, we spread out and get to work:



I got 29 pages done!!! YAY!!!

We "cropped 'til we dropped!!"

Thanks for the weekend away girls, and thanks to Maris who takes over everything at home so I don't have to worry while I'm gone. When I got home, Maris had grilled some steak for dinner and served it with bread and (his idea of a vegetable) potato chips. Oh well, he had great intentions!

Posted by Picasa

18 friends are talking:

Trisha September 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

How fun! Good for you, 29 pages! I go to Womens conf every other year, and Charlie holds down the fort; I learned long ago never complain about anything...just be grateful he is willing to step up! Who can complain about steak, really?? I think I recognize the baseball team pictures! Hee Hee

Juli September 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

So much fun! Your pages look great. Glad ya had a good time.

Anonymous,  September 29, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

mmmm.... Ding Dongs! Why did I even go to Sprouts? Now I have a pantry full of healthy dehydrated food.

You have some cool friends. I really like the one passed out on the table. What happened to her?Did she take something? :)

Tiff Gatten September 29, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Cute pages. I gave up scrap booking when one day I got one out, and the pages had started falling apart. I thought what a waist of time. Now I slurp my blog and make a hard bound book...Works great. I still go to scrapbook parties though, and fake like I'm working, eat and gab, hee, hee.

Amanda September 29, 2008 at 4:42 PM  

I am not a scrapper---I did 2 books for P and gave up! At least his first year is scrapped right????

With all those supplies on the table it looks like you guys have little room to work:)

Anonymous,  September 29, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Thanks for a great weekend. I love you more than chocolate milk!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] September 29, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

Dang cute shirt. Nice gang signs! 29 pages? Impressive. And, my hubby has the same idea on vege's as Maris Girl's weekends are the best! Looks like your's did not disappoint.

Lisa September 29, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

I love the pages you did- so,so cute! I need to sit down and do some more scrapbooking also. I knocked out a bunch a couple of months ago, but then I got burned out. I guess it's time to hit it again!

Andrea September 29, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Wow. 29 pages! That's impressive. I'm going to the same "undisclosed location" in November. Looking at your pictures is making me excited! (And I haven't scrapped for myself since the last time I went there either - last October!)

Anonymous,  September 29, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

It looks like sooo much fun. I am amazed at how cute your pages are! Mine would look so slapped together. I would be all about the food and visiting. I am sooooo impressed!

Lauren in GA September 30, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

I am so behind on scrapbooking that it hurts my heart...and stresses me out.

Yay for you getting so many pages done!

Tiff Gatten September 30, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Yes, Blurb. It's work, but work that will stay together.

Teresa Gamboa September 30, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

It looks like you had so much fun! I love scrapbooking with good friends....Oh, the food does not hurt either. Cute page of Aliza.

Gary Church September 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

Y'all actually made scrapping look like fun ... which I think is hard to do!

Jennifer October 1, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

29 pages. IMPRESSIVE!!!! They are so cute too. What a great way to spend a weekend.

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates