Friday was the Homecoming Parade, an event for which all of the schools in our district closed early. The kids all wore their Prosper green to school for Prosper Pride day...



Then when school got out, I got all the kids to their perspective floats and managed to zoom past
barricades as roads were being closed in time to find myself a great place to sit and watch the parade...I love small town parades. It's one of the reasons I love Victor, Idaho on the 4
th of July.
Everyone knows everyone, candy is thrown from the backs of trailers with hay to sit on, girls ride their horses carrying the flag, and all the fire trucks
in town have their sirens blasting to start it off.

Here is the Homecoming royalty with their garters and mums...(there were
many comments about the ribbon around Aliza's neck, it was suggested to me by a lady at Michael's who was telling me how to make them. I pinned the
ribbon to her shirt and it helped to distribute the weight of it. Plus, I think it looks silly when the girl's shirt is being pulled down in front from the weight of the mum.) Plus, the girls with mums on them could also be counted as floats...

Tyler and the 7
th grade Green team:


Here come the Panthers:

The cute cage said "Don't feed the animals" and the boys rode inside the cage. Their shirts say "Release the Beasts."
Aliza and the other Panther cheerleaders rode on the float as well.
Alas, Prosper lost the Homecoming game to Bridgeport 37-31. But we sure had fun getting everyone excited for it!
8 friends are talking:
I miss the parade. When we first moved to Frisco, 12 years ago... we went to the Homecoming parade on Main Street. The whole town closed down. The farmers and ranchers lined up on one side of the street and all of us young parents, newer to Frisco, lined up on the other side. We sat and watched the parade for what seemed like hours. It was great.
I am glad that your kids and family enjoyed the Homecoming Parade in Prosper.
What a fun week for your family. That explains why you wore green every day! Gotta love that Prosper pride. I don't even know what our HS colors are. Oh wait. The school isn't even built yet. LOL
We had a hard time getting 4 kids, 2 mommies and a grandma ready for the parade - by the time we got there, we couldn't really get close enough to park someplace good - we were on Church next to the high school so we didn't even get to see the JR High stuff that came out of that parking lot :( AND we didn't have chairs to sit in AND grandma is still wobbly from her knee replacement. Next year? I'm getting there at 1.... totally kidding. We had fun even though we didn't get to see much of it!
Wow Liza's mum is huge! Those Texans don't lie when they say everything is bigger in Texas! Homecoming is very different in Utah than Texas. Looks fun!
Love you guys.
Fun! It is finally starting to dawn on me how serious texans take football! I noticed green banners on EVERY Post throughout Prosper. I go to Brookshires and I don't think I have ever seen so many people wearing neon orange shirts!
I love small town parades! Cute pics.
I love Prosper. Greatest place on earth!
Wow! Again I love how they do things in Texas! That looks like so much fun. Aliza is such a cute cheerleader! I love the mum!
Post a Comment