dressing up, stepping out
My mom went home yesterday, which pretty much sucked. (I know you hate that word, mom, but it accurately describes it.) It was so fun having her here, and I will blog about our fun later...even though we LOVE living here in Texas, it is hard to be so far away, where we can't get together with our families without it having to be a major trip for one or the other of us. I'm already looking forward to the next trip...
Yesterday, Tyler went to a Halloween Party. So while he was dressing up, the other two had to try out some looks, too. We dug through our dress up box and found some fun!
Tyler was a surprisingly good nerd...he stayed in character for most of the night:
He had a great time!
My mom planned her trip so that she would be here to help while Maris and I went on to a work party that included a night at a 5 ***** Hotel in Dallas...I was going to wait and blog it after Carrie emailed me the pictures of Maris and I all dressed up, but I don't know when/if that is happening soon. Sooooo, here are my favorite parts:
Dinner.
It was so good.
Alaskan King Crab (with two butter sauces), Fingerling Potatoes
Heirloom Tomato Salad and Avocado, Thai Basil Sorbet
Crustless Beef Wellington "Rossini", Seared Foie Gras (which we found out, thanks to Carrie, means Duck Liver. I did not indulge.) Truffle Mashed Potato, Haricot Vert and Sauce Perigord
Chocolate Peanuts Caramel, Lemon and Yuzu, and Green Tea
And the centerpieces were beautiful:
Our room had a private balcony,Fresh flowers in the bathroom, in the sitting area and on all the trays they brought us.
Free coupons delivered right to our door.
And breakfast, prepared and served and delivered by someone other than me:

I also loved the cozy bathrobes, the big fluffy towels and the note left by our room attendant, Garfia, wishing us a "deep, joyful sleep" and "pleasant dreams."
Free coupons delivered right to our door.
And breakfast, prepared and served and delivered by someone other than me:
I also loved the cozy bathrobes, the big fluffy towels and the note left by our room attendant, Garfia, wishing us a "deep, joyful sleep" and "pleasant dreams."
It was a wonderful break from reality.






13 friends are talking:
You know - we might just have to throw some money around on our anniversary in March ... your hotel stay sounds WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you had a good time - can't wait to see you all dolled up! But you look so cute anyway on a daily basis...
You're back!! Yeah!! Loved the post. I ADORE your kids. They are fun, fun, fun! You and Taris aren't too bad yourselves. LOL
I'm jealous! Looks like you had an awesome time.
i wanted to see how good you made maris look, with you by his side, in your hot-black-going-out-having-lots-o-fun-dress. i'll check back.
breakfast in your room - sooo nice!
glad to had fun away from reality!
Love your kids costumes and that hotel looks awesome!
That is one posh place...Parker is the cutest cheerleader I've ever seen!
I'm so jealous! I wanna go to the 5 star hotel! It looked heavenly.
I can't believe Halloween is this week! I have to do a 6th grade party...I hate doing school parties! I did love your kids in costume, especially Parker. *wink*
Fancy Shmancy...what a great get-away!
And love the costumes. Awesome!
The Halloween costumes are cute. Chandler and Camden are both being nerds too!
Looks like you had a fabulous time on your overnight get away! Sounds very,very FANCY!
My oldest wants to dress like a nerd this year, too! I am totally going to copy what you have done this year. Oh...and hey...my youngest is gonna be a vampire...YOU and I are living parallel lives!!!!!
Ohhhh, I forgot to mention that the hotel looks so fabulous! I am all for breaks from reality!
WOW!!!! Looks WONDERFUL!!!
Holy Cow, where does he work? I want a job there. All this plus the Neimans gift card. Remember this the next time he works too late.
Post a Comment