"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

Let's go to the hop...

Here in our schools we don't have any Halloween parties.
No costume parade.
No sitting in the gym/lunch room with all the moms and dads to watch the kids run past...
It is Prosper tradition to have a party to celebrate the 50th day of school, which happens to be somewhere around the 31st of October.

And what better way to celebrate the 50's than with a sock hop?

The kids love it. It lasts ALL DAY long. Everyone greases up their hair and pulls out their poodle skirts and each class spends an hour (their PE time) in the gym going from station to station (there are 9 of them), playing games, squealing and having fun.
We have 2 blow ups outside, a bounce house and a HUGE slide.


There is a bubble blowing contest....
A car race....
There are also relay races at the car hop, a drag race, bowling, a bean bag toss, a football toss, knock over the cans, and Beauty school drop-out tattoos.
Friends!

and FUN!
And no one even blinks an eye when Latroy Hawkins comes in to help. :o)

And here is a blast from the past, last year's before school picture:
And this years:
My, how we've all grown!!
It's kindof funny that we can't have a "Halloween Celebration" but we spend the whole day dressed up and hand out lemonade, popcorn and prizes and play games!

10 friends are talking:

Haley November 1, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

I can't believe how HUGE Tyler has gotten. Seriously, at least a foot! I may need to borrow Aliza's poodle skirt, sophie has 50's day on Monday, and I am clueless.

Juli November 1, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

You all look SO great! Looks like a lot of fun.

Anonymous,  November 1, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

My old school used to have 50's day too! My mother-in-law made us all poodle skits - well, not Matt - he didn't go to our school nor does he look good in a skirt :) - my shirt has a phone on it, not a poodle. I used to be the school secretary so I was always on the phone. They would have a sock hop in the gym with all sorts of games and groovy music. I love 50's day. The kids look like they are having sooo much fun!

Anonymous,  November 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

What do you feed your boys to make them grow?? Johnny needs their diet!

How's that new pink Kitchenaide?
Will you make me some yummy snacks with it??

My name is Andrea November 1, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

I posted about my baking here:
http://myonehundred.blogspot.com/

I love it!

Tiff Gatten November 1, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

That's just plain crazy that they've grown that much, CRAZY! Wow! However, you've not changed a bit. Lucky you. :)

Jamie November 1, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

How cute are you guys! That looks like so much fun!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] November 1, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

This post makes me want to watch greece! Cute, very cute.

Heidi November 2, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

Man, you weren't kidding when you said Tyler had grown so much! Oh my goodness! He's almost as tall as you now! What a great idea to celebrate the 50th day of school. You look very hip by the way...

Bethanne November 2, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

Omigosh, I love that. What a slide! Your family is so freakin' adorable I can't hardly stand it! I wore a poodle skirt one year to school (in high school) and I have no idea why...hmmmm...

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates