"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

A Post of its own...

Went to Twilight.
I loved it.
I hated it.
I can't get past this:
What???
(Did I guess right, Camille???)
Not sure it was supposed to be a comedy, but there was a whole lotta laughing going on.
Overall: Some parts were very well done and some were very cheesy. I still can't make that Pattinson guy be Edward. I just can't. Bella's bedroom was perfect. Edward's house was not. I liked the baseball game. Some parts were too drawn out and some parts were not given enough attention. I just think that there will never be a movie that lives up to my imagination and the images in my mind that were already there.

The best part? The company. We took up a whole row. I got pictures of my end of the row, but wish I'd have gotten some of the other end. Next time we should take up 1/2 of two rows. For the next Twilight movie...



Janette, if your water had popped, I might have just taken you myself...no need to wake up Gary!
I wish it hadn't been so low-budget, it kinda felt like a made for TV movie. And the background track sounded like a 1970's p*rn flick...
But other than that....
Thanks girls, I had a blast!
Posted by Picasa

13 friends are talking:

Anonymous,  November 22, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

Painful. Painful. Painful!!! But, just like the book, it didn't pick up until the baseball sceen. Very low budget but hopefully with all the money this movie will make, the next one will be much better. It couldn't get worse, right?? Bella's character was the best casted. But Edward?? Wow, he was just, well, plain awful. His make up, facial twitches, the eyes..... just makes you giggle. Major 2 thumbs down on Twilight. The critics were being generous with the C grade. I give it a big fat D-. But hey, I'm not a chick flick kinda girl, but I do know a bad movie when I see it.

Anonymous,  November 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

Yes Andrea you guessed right...Jasper was to weird but I like the movie.

InWeighOverMyHead November 22, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

Ummm... How would you know about the music???? ;)

Gary Church November 22, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Yeah, I'm glad that Andrea doesn't watch 1970's porno's anymore. Good for you, Andrea. I'm glad you have your standards, lol.

And DITTO to everything Nancy said. Truthfully, there are no words. But I wish I had been the one to make that low budget movie because they are going to make a killing off of all the people who see it one time. :D

My name is Andrea November 22, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

It'a just what I would guess that it would sound like, but from 30 years ago....

Anonymous,  November 22, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

I guess I am in the minority. I thought it was great. Yes, it is a low budget movie. Yes, it was a bit cheesy. But, the whole Twilight story is a bit cheesy. It was meant for girls ages 12-16. I was not sure I would like who they casted as Edward, but he grew on me. I thought Alice was perfect. Bella was exactly right. Charlie was good. Esme was okay. I was not impressed with Rosalie or Carlisle. The scenes in Forks and Port Angeles were great. Our whole family went to see the movie. We have all read the book. We all came out of the movie happy. We laughed in the right places - awkward Edward/Bella moments. I sat between my girls and they both sighed at the same time. I want to go see it again. Any takers?

Sarah November 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

i have to say sitting by you made the whole movie-- talked to my parents today and they loved it??? puzzling-

**** andrea, the last two days has made me realize i really am going to miss you*****

kk-- so i am a little emotional today-- enough of that

Karen November 22, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

I'm guessing you don't want to see it again....I have to. I slept through some major parts, so I need to go back. Looks like I may have trouble drumming up a buddy to go.

Dan + Laurie Udy November 22, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

CAn you change my background to a christman one?
Thanks!!!

Lisa November 24, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

I loved it, but I did go in with low expectations so I wouldn't be too disappointed. Jasper was wierd, but also funny! I didn't want the movie to end and I can't wait to go see it again!!

Becky November 24, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

I took Madison and her friend who are in love with EDWARD and they loved it. We all thought there were some strange parts to it, but overall fun to see. We will see it again. It is fun to do those kind of things with my daughter. Glad you had fun with your friends...I am happy that you are happy there.

Lauren in GA November 27, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

I agree...nothing can quite live up to my imagination...That Pattison guy is not my Edward, either.

I have heard many people say that they hope the next movies will be better done and not so low budget looking.

The Moose December 5, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

I just read this book finally - my neighbor bought it for me and I couldn't put it down! She saw the movie TWICE ... I would like to see it, but I can wait - I'm enjoying my brain's interpretation of the whole thing. The pic on your blog - uh... no, I wouldn't have picked him for Edward either --- not the kind of kid I pictured at ALL!

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates