The Handy, all-purpose H2
Today I got the car loaded up with kids, ready to take Parker to basketball practice and Liza down to play with Johnny, turned the ignition and was notified by the car that I had a PSI of 6 in my back right tire...
...sure enough, it was flat.
So I called Nancy and told her that Liza wouldn't be coming down, and she offered to come up with her all-purpose vehicle and help me get'er fixed. H2 selling point...free air:
Look at my little grease monkey friend, fixin' to help me blow up my tire!
And look at me, in my fuzzy pink slippers, listening to the air leak back out through the hole in the tire, and plugging it up with my finger! (And talking on the phone...multi-tasking.)
It held air long enough to get to the tire store (thanks for following me and entertaining me in Target while I waited, Nanc.)
I ended up having to replace the tire, there was an inch long gash in it...
Happy New Year!
(If something crappy happens on New Year's Eve, is that a bad or good omen for 2009?)






11 friends are talking:
Wow, now I am the Grease Monkey friend? I just love the look on my face - what intense concentration that took! (thanks for only posting the one :)
Have fun tonight with all of those deacons at your house. Enjoy that last 12pack of diet Coke.
Hey, I heard that the powder fresh scent is best for dry legs.
I think it is a good sign!!! :)
Get out all the bad luck before the next year begins! ;)
Happy New Year!
It can only go up from there....right?
Now that is a good friend! Nancy is my hero!!
Way to multi-task and look adorable in your slippers!
when you figure out if its a bad or good omen let me know, cause we've had our fair share around here yesterday
I showed this to Rick and he said, "It sure as hell better give you more than air for that kind of money."
About the bad omen thing.....let's just say you may want to look for a few 4 leaf clovers, and throw some salt over your shoulder.
Oh, and you don't have 1 lb to lose. You're a skinny little thing and always have been. One of my most clear memories of you in HS is you are sitting on some stairs. You have this jacket on. It's a crinkled, silky material with pastel big flowers all over it. I walk over and I'm wearing capris made out of the same fabric, and you ask to barrow them joking, and I tell you they won''t fit you. Funny huh?
Oh, and one more thing....Don't do it! Don't give up the DC. I did it for like 4 months....I gained 5 lbs. Why do you think I have to lose it? NOT worth it! It sucked with out it. I'll never give it up again.
Good omen...you are just getting the crap out of the way before a fresh start!
What a handy thing! I need one of those in my trunk!
Hey can you do me a HUGE favor. Can you change my background from christmas to something else. I really dont care you can surprise me. I am getting a laptop soon and will be able to do it myself soon. My computer is so slow that do that would probably take me days.
Thanks!!!
Post a Comment