"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

Heartbroken

My Bunco 'hood gal, Amber and her 3 children were involved in a terrible car accident on Sunday evening at 380 and Lake Forest. As a result, they lost their beautiful 4 year old soon, Brett. Eight year old Andrew is at Cook Children's with a severely broken leg, has undergone one surgery and will have another in the next day or two. Amber and Danielle are fine.
A bereavement fund has been established at Wells Fargo Bank. If this is a way that you can help this family, you can go to any WFB and ask to deposit in the Brett Burdick Bereavement Fund.
Please include the Burdicks in your prayers, that they may feel the comfort and peace that they need right now.

14 friends are talking:

Amanda December 9, 2008 at 7:30 AM  

I don't even know what to say. Words can't express my hearts sorrow for them.

Lauren in GA December 9, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

Oh, my goodness. I am so sorry. Prayers are heading that way from our family.

Meredith December 9, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

So, so sorry. I think this is every parents worst fear...losing a child. My heart goes out to them, and to those who love them and suffer with them.

Gary Church December 9, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

That. Is. Awful.

Now I'm bawling. Talk about every mother's W.O.R.S.T nightmare. I'll be praying for their family.

Has anyone set anything up for meals for them? Maybe our church could take on that small task. I would totally bring them a meal.

ChellaJ [Rachelle] December 9, 2008 at 9:27 AM  

That is really sad. I can't imagine! My heart goes out to their family at this time.

Brooke December 9, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Not the best story to start my day. . . but reminds me how thankful I am for my family! They will be in our prayers!

Tiff Gatten December 9, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

How terribly sad. Man, I've heard so many stories of people in accidents this week.

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Thanks for sharing this Andrea. Reading it has put a lot into perspective and has made me more grateful for my family. May God bless the Burdick family with comfort and peace.

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Wow, Andrea. I cannot imagine what this family is going through. I am sure that it is even hard on you and possibly your family as well if you are close to them. I am so sorry to hear about this. Our family will add their family to our prayers. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Anonymous,  December 10, 2008 at 7:55 AM  

I don't think I can say anything that others have not already said. This is heartbreaking and I hurt for this family.

Bethanne December 10, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Oh my word. I am so sorry. Seriously, this is horrible.

The Moose December 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

I love you friend - I think you're amazing and beautiful and ... well, I just love ya. I've enjoyed "working" with you to help our dear friend...

Juli December 11, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

That is so terribly sad. I am so sorry. A close friend of mine (an old roommate)...her baby girl drowned in her pool about a year ago. I still feel so much pain over her passing, I know how you must also be feeling. Thank goodness for the wonderful plan of eternal families.

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates