"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"
4 friends are talking:
Mine was the same ... and it is 'so me' too. And I'm cool with it. :D
I laughed at your comment on Nor's blog. I vouched for you that you are not psychotic. ☺
Thanks for telling me all about EFY. I appreciate it! I had no idea how expensive it is. I hope we can afford it because I have heard such great things about testimony building experiences that happen at EFY. Evan is only 11 now, so I have some time. I would say that I will save the money but I am lousy at saving money ;).
Omigosh, I used to be the ridiculous romantic and used to pull out all of the little stops...and now, well, I'm still a closet romantic I guess...but I'm perfectly content with Netflix and dinner (as a family) now. It's still a great and special time to be together!
Shouldn't your loved ones know how much you love them EVERYDAY? :)
Something is going cuckoo with my computer...
There was a post here about gas prices but, I couldn't comment on it and the rest of your blog came up as blank and now that post is gone as mysteriously as it came...
I just wanted to let you know...do you think my computer is having trouble?...again *sigh*...
Post a Comment