"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

What are YOU doing?

Saturday was our neighborhood Spring Party and Easter Egg hunt...


Here are my kiddos in the "8 and above" category:



When do you think they will grow out of this?
They played with friends on the playground:



And we helped out with a project to say "Thank You" to our friend Richard, who was just deployed to Afghanistan.
We are thankful to have men and women who are willing to give up so much to serve our country.
We hope he knows that Kathleen will be taken care of by us while he is gone.

(Thanks, Uncle Rick, for your service, too!)

We haven't colored Easter eggs in years...we haven't been home for an Easter in years...



I LOVE PEEPS!!! Yesterday was the District Track Meet in Whitesboro (pronounced "Wahtsboora).
Tyler ran the 2400:



Run, Tyler, Run!!
Turns out he doesn't much like the 2400. It's 2 laps longer than his usual 1600.
Next year, he thinks he'll try sprinting.

His coaches decided that he'd be a great shot putter...

(Look at the muscles in his arm...)
And it turns out he is! (a good shot putter).
He was the 6th *thrower* *pusher* *putter* whatever, to go in his heat:
...and he placed 2nd in his heat.
And, at 30 feet 2 inches:
he placed 6th in District.
Not bad, especially since he threw a shot (?) for the first time last Thursday!!
Way to go, T!
Track is over!!!
Yay!

9 friends are talking:

Bethanne April 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

To be honest, I'd participate in Easter Egg Hunts if I wasn't so doggone competitive!

Awesome with the shot put too! Wow. Think he'll continue with track and with shot put? I only ran one year of track - my body isn't a runners body as you may imagine. I was long distance too. It kept me in shape...that's about the extent of my praise for the sport. Just wasn't that good at it! :)

Mel April 14, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

I love love love track season! Way to go Tyler.

Mmmm... there's something neat about GREEN peeps. Have a good week!

Amanda April 15, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Having older kids looks so fun:)

I do have that cookbook:) THANK YOU!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] April 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM  

I don't think they every grow out of easter egg hunts. And...Way to go Tyler!

Lauren in GA April 15, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

His first shot put throw was last Thursday and he placed 6th in district? That is AWESOME!

I don't know when my boys will want to quit Easter egg hunting...it doesn't look like they ever will!

Tiff Gatten April 15, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Some really great creative shots. Love the Peeps. :) Most of our trackmeets have been rained out...like today!

The Moose April 15, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Love the one of OUR peeps on the playground - great shot! Tell Tyler if he keeps whipping those muscles out he's going to have girls all over him and I know how much his mother would LOVE that! ;)

Anonymous,  April 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Is this blog title in the voice of Joey from Friends? just ask'n...

Monday... down 2!

Rick April 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Thanks. I'll try not to waste your share of taxes that pay me.
You should also remember the USO (USO.org) when you are thinking of the military. They operate on donations and are ALWAYS making our lives nicer.

Good luck to your guy while he is downrange, if he comes through Turkey, I'll give him a blanket and pillow and a place to use them.

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates