New Beginnings
Yes, New Beginnings was in February, and clearly I am not any good at this blogging thing any more. I want to be, really. I just feel guilty about the time I spend doing it.
Our theme was "The Big Game."
We copied THIS ticket as our invitaion:
And set the room up as a big football field...we played a game "Jeopardy-style" and had the two sides of the room answer questions about Personal Progress, For the Strength of Youth and other YW stuff. The teams were "Strong" and "Courageous" to go along with this year's theme..."Be stong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with the withersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9.
We had a consessions stand complete with pink popcorn and peanuts.
I am so grateful to be surrounded by wonderful women who serve so diligently with me...they were awesome! We are approaching 40 YW in our group, they are amazing girls with strong testimonies of Christ and His gospel. I was especially thankful because I had had a hard 24 hours before New Beginnings...
My heart freaked out on me and I was on a heart monitor...turns out that it was nothing serious. My heart takes a few "premature beats." Not uncommon, and it isn't bothering me, so I opted not to go on the medication (the side effects were awful!). But I did say goodbye to my dear friend Diet Coke because his Aspartame and his Caffeine are not good for me or my heart...
Oh well, you win some, you lose some.








5 friends are talking:
What? Are you kidding me? What happens now....do you have to go get checked every so often? I am glad it is not "serious", but giving up Diet Coke is worth it! Good luck!
So clever!! Can I be your counselor?
And...said hello to coke zero?
I LOVED that activity. How cool!
Sorry about having to give up the soda...A good habit is hard to break. Or is it the other way around? :)
Post a Comment