Hatching
Look, we're a Mommy!!! My geranium birds were born...
On Tuesday night, Aliza and I were at the school for her Student Council activity and as we were leaving, the Pre-K teacher grabbed us and said to Lu "my chicks are hatching, do you want to come see?" Of course we did!! They were just starting to peck out...she held an egg to our ears and we could hear them squeak and then peck. I told Aliza that we couldn't help them out or they would die. They have to go through the adversity themselves to make them strong enough to survive. There's an object lesson in there somewhere...









4 friends are talking:
congrats momma! I just have to say that those are some freaky lookin' baby birds. Eeesh!
How cool is that?!
wow... they are ugly, scrawny little things aren't they? I'm glad that the two survived and I imagine they will their cuteness will come with time.
What a wonderful experience to see!
Post a Comment