Mommy Crushes
On Friday on the Today Show they had a segment called Secret Mommy Crushes. It was all about how a lot of moms have secret crushes on celebrities (this is news?) but that they also have crushes apparently on handymen, doctors, pool boys, their husband's brother, whatever. They said that it is healthy to have these crushes as long as you don't let it damage your marriage and you don't decide to act on it. I have gone through several crushes over the years. It started when I was about 8...I was totally in love with Andy Gibb, Leif Garrett (I loved when he was a guest star on CHiPs), Shaun Cassidy and some guy from Menudo.
My teen crushes were Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland. I loved to watch Stand By Me, Young Guns (1 & 2--it had both of them in it!) and The Lost Boys. Oh, The Lost Boys...I probably watched that show close to 100 times...I had it memorized.
In my early 20's I liked Tom Cruise (even though he is 3 inches shorter than me) and Brad Pitt. Needless to say, I have become disillusioned with both of them and have a more mature and stable crush these days. One of the guests on the Today Show had a crush on Clive Owen and the other one wouldn't cop up to who hers was. Well, I am proud of my mommy crush...and if I ever get to New York, you can bet I'll be on the front row at the Today Show dreaming of meeting Matt Lauer.
The older he gets the more attractive he is! And he always does these shout outs to his kids, I think that is so cute.
And here is something really disturbing, but I'm a little jealous of the normal people who get to fly to New York and be interviewed by him. A couple of years ago, in an attempt to get on the Today Show (read: Meet Matt Lauer) I wrote them and offered up Aliza's hair to Locks of Love the same day Ann got hers cut. And when Parker asked if he could climb into the Gorilla enclosure to catch a lizard, I said no, then thought, "although that might get us on the Today Show."
So, who is your Secret Mommy Crush?
What would you do to meet him?





1 friends are talking:
You crack me up!! I love reading your blog. You have such a great personality. It has been fun getting to know you guys!
Post a Comment