Survivor CHINA
OK, since Bree has officially brought it up, let's have a conversation about Survivor. Specifically who I want to win and who "should" win...You first should know that I am a Survivor freak. I didn't watch the first season, I caught an episode or two of the end of it, and laughed so hard that I decided that when the next season started, I would check it out. At that point I was hooked. My poor Young Women even had to endure a week of "Survivor: Bear Lake" for girl's camp one year. They didn't like the immunity challenges. Anywho...Some seasons I have enjoyed more than others, and two seasons were my favorites...ok three. Or maybe 4...oh wait, five. They include Australia, All-stars, the one Rob and Amber were on, the one that the cute girl Mlea (I can't remember how to spell it) from Layton, Utah was on. Side note: she worked for Clinique in the Layton Hills Mall, and I saw her once! My claim to fame! I loved the big scruffy, hairy dude whose name I can't remember. Anyway, I digress. My favorites for this season are Amanda:
and Todd:

...who I like, because she is a 40-year old lunch lady from some small hick town and she has managed to stick it out, but has done nothing strategic to win it. She has just not been a threat, which has kept her in the game. They needed a 4th in the final 4, and she fit the bill. Now, Bree, let's talk about the mullet, which in the 80's was called a "bi-level" and was very stylish. Note:
Now that's a good look. (8th grade, circa 1983)
9th grade, 1984. That was a good year! (ha ha.) Growing the mullet out was not easy! Or pretty.
And sadly, the mullet evolved into really big bangs. And blue and pink eye-shadow. And a pokey-up collar. Play me some Depeche Mode, I'm getting nostalgic.
Anyway...back to Survivor. Next Sunday night, Survivor will be on our Tivo...waiting to see if Todd manages to hold on and make it to the end!!





3 friends are talking:
I don't watch Survivor anymore, but I LOVE the mullet pics! lol
That last picture is my FAV! The 80's were actually very kind to you Andrea! Did you have your leg warmers and gogo boots on?
Oh, Janette, you laugh now, but I can actually remember doing a exercise routine to that Flashdance song wearing leg warmers for Young Women. And I had goucho boots, which I loved!
Post a Comment