Weekend Update...SportsCenter
We had a very full weekend and today is now a holiday from school. Tyler had two games this weekend, one on Friday night and one on Saturday afternoon. On Friday they played the same team that mutilated them last week, and our boys turned it on...the score was 19 to 15, so we only lost by 4. I missed all but the last 3 minutes of his game on Saturday, but we won (!) 23-15 (I think it was 15, something like that!) When I got there, I was told multiple times that Tyler was really having a great game. I guess he scored 9 of the points! And he didn't foul out! (He did on Saturday night, but the official had credited one of Tanner's fouls to Tyler...) Anyway, he did well in both games!
Parker played on Saturday, against another Prosper team. We lost. We were missing 2 of our better players, and we need them all! Parker is a very aggressive player and is not afraid to sacrifice his body to keep a ball in bounds or to stop a basket. Must come from his hockey/goalie training! He scored a few of their points, but he is better at ball handling than scoring...he is the one who carries it down...At the end of the first half he already had 3 fouls, so I had to remind him to pace himself or he'd be out! One thing about Parker, he plays hard and plays to win. But he is a good sport. I think losing is as important as winning, and he has a great coach who is always saying, are you guys having fun? I love it!
Aliza had her first game on Saturday afternoon (this is why I only caught part of T's game.) We only had 5 there and the other team had 10 players. Our jerseys were not there, which means either someone else picked them up or they are mysteriously missing! We wore some of those dickey things...I think the referees really felt bad for us, and we may as well have called ourselves the Bad News Bears. The other team had a girl on it who is getting ready to be drafted by the WNBA. She was intense and scratched one of my girls arms. As my little one was sobbing, she said, "She should have gotten a foul. You can't just scratch people." It broke skin and everything, we had to stop the game and band aid it! We lost like 30-8, and everytime we scored this girl from the other team threw a fit. Hey, chill out, no danger in us catching up. With 10 players, they had a fresh new team every 4 minutes, and it was all quite comical. The great news is that Aliza scored 2 points!! At the end of the game, we had treats and all was well with the world again!
Here are some pic's from Aliza's game, remember my camera has auditorium problems and it is hard to coach and take pictures!
Well, it is quarter after 11, and I guess it is time to get dressed. Or at least put on some makeup and comb my hair. Till next time...





3 friends are talking:
Hey!
I tagged you! Check my blog!
Good pics coach!!!!
They keep score at Aliza's games. When my sisters were that age, they didn't keep score, because they were "just learning" like it didn't keep the parents from bringing a pen and paper to keep there own score. I love basketball at Aliza's age. They all are so awkward. Good Luck!!
Sounds like your doing great.
Post a Comment