"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

Eli or Tom???

Much to Maris' dismay, I choose my teams for different reasons than he does. He likes the Cowboys because when he was 8 or something and his brother made a bet with him and he bet on the Cowboys and they won and he has liked them ever since.
I choose them based on their colors, their uniforms and whether or not the quarterback is cute.
So the Giants and the Patriots both have decent colors, nice uniforms and gorgeous quarterbacks.
So here is how I made my decision this year.
Eli and Payton are brothers. Payton has a Superbowl ring. Eli doesn't. Tom has like 3 Superbowl rings. The Patriots have been to the Superbowl before and will probably go again. The Giants are there by some fluke because Tony Romo had a hot girlfriend and couldn't concentrate. Otherwise it would be Cowboys and Patriots. And finally, as a mother of 2 boys, it would break my heart if one of my sons had a Superbowl ring and the other one didn't.
Eli needs a ring.
And this may be his only chance.
So I am going to root for the underdog.
Go Giants!!
(Tom, you are still hot, too!)

7 friends are talking:

Lisa,  February 2, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

OMGosh! I pick for colors too! lol I agree with you. Eli needs a ring too. :)

Sarah,  February 2, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

oh, come on. let the patriots finish what they started. i can't believe i am commenting on football on a womans blog with a pink background. what are we doing???

Mel,  February 2, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

I don't know anything about it but I'm going to have to cheer for the Patriots.... well because my son wants them to win and he is getting a lot of flack from his friends. So there you have it- another lame way of picking a team.

Bree,  February 2, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

I really like Tom. He has always been a class act in my eyes- always an awesome team player, always giving them credit for his success. But, to be honest, I'm mostly watching for the commercials!

Haley,  February 2, 2008 at 11:30 PM  

Okay...yes, Tom is hot. But, highly immoral behavior on his part makes me less of a fan. (gets one beautiful girl prego, and ditches her for super model.)
I am going for Eli...afterall my baby is named after him. (okay, not really him)

Gary Church,  February 3, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

You mean you watch football on Sunday? aaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha Just kidding. I have 6 brothers. Totally kidding. It's a good family joke.

Tom Brady is hot. Crystalee said that he looks just like Gary. Gary and I laughed. I think Gary's cuter. lol.

Janie,  February 3, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

Don't forget Eli is VERY ungrateful and cocky without the talent of his brother - sorry but he has said a lot of comments that rubbed me the wrong way, but having said that I always root for the underdog - ya know after the same colors/cuteness issues are resolved so it looks like we are rooting for the same team.

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates