Forks in the road...
My "Plan" for today was to go to Aliza and Parker's basketball games, attend the Preparedness Fair at the church, watch President Hinckley's funeral in between games (on the DVR), and then go for a walk/run for the "Run in Memory of President Hinckley" that the MarathonMommies are sponsoring. When I got to the Fair, one of the Young Women in our stake had organized a Blood Drive for a Laurel project. She was also doing it for her father, who is going in for stem cell replacement therapy this week. He has cancer. Her goal was to help replace some of the blood her dad is going to need. So I gave a pint of my delicious O+. What I didn't count on was that as my body is trying to replace that blood, I am wiped out. I don't think my run is going to happen.
I guess that is what life is all about. President Hinckley taught us many lessons, but he taught us to do our best at all times. I believe that our best includes serving those around us, even if that means that it will change our plans. I would like to think that although it was only a little pint of blood, it did a lot to give this family comfort. My prayers will be with them this week as their family faces this hideous disease. Which, incidently also affected our prophet.
Things don't always happen the way we planned them to. But we must have faith that we have a loving Father in heaven, who wants what is best for His children. "Things will all work out, I say that to myself everyday..." President Hinckley loved each of us also. That was evident by the testimonies bourn at his funeral today. He has affected each of our lives, and the best tribute I can give to our prophet today is to remember his teachings and "try a little harder to be a little better!"





2 friends are talking:
I think what you did was wonderful and I know both Hevenly Father and President Hinckley are proud of you.
Andrea, I love your blog! Thanks for your courage to admit to being a blog stalker, for I totally am too! Looks like you are settling well in Texas. I am glad our Christmas card found you, I had forgotten you moved. And a Twighlight movie, could life get any better???
Post a Comment