"
We should not allow our personal values to erode, even if others think we are peculiar. "--President James E. Faust

andreaopfar. Powered by Blogger.

Stuff, and more stuff...

We had a crazy nuts day on Saturday. It was one of those days where the events of the week culminated into one day. Aliza went to her very first Activity Days activity. It was put on by the stake, so it was all the way down in Carrollton at the Stake Center. It takes about 50 minutes to get there! So I dropped her off at Sister A's house at 8:20 am to carpool down with the other girls.
Since Parker's game was cancelled on Thursday they had their makeup game at 9:00 am. We drove to Scott Johnson Middle School, but it was obvious that his team was not there. I vaguely remembered that we were supposed to be at Faubian Middle School, so we raced down there and Parker ran in as the game was getting ready to start. Parker's team lost. He was sad, the boys on the other team had double and triple teamed him to shut him down and he didn't think that was fair. Oh well, life is like that sometimes! He got over it and life goes on. I was secretly wondering how I was going to do everything that day if his team did make it farther in the playoffs! Aliza was supposed to have a make-up class on Saturday for Thursday's cancelled dance class, but it was while she was at her activity, so we didn't bother.
I picked up Aliza at Sister Egan's house at 12:30, then we ran home, she got changed and then we went back to Scott Johnson MS for the Basketball Shoot-out. Both Tyler and Parker were asked by their coaches to represent their teams for the foul-shot shoot out. They both did really good, but there was a 4th grader who got 22 shots in one minute! The next best got 18. Then there were a few (Parker included) who got between 12-15. Tyler also did well, but wasn't sure how many the 1st place kid got. The shoot outs were in enjoining gyms at the same time, so I stood in between the two and watched and took a few pic's. They are, of course, blurry, because I can't use the flash in the gym or they get dark, and without the flash they are blurry. So blurry wins!
Tyler making the foul shots.
Parker making foul shots.
Aliza's team played at 2:30. They also lost. Her last game is officially next Saturday, but we will be gone, so this was her last game. She has totally improved!

We took the kids on Saturday night to our favorite cheap theater to see "The Spiderwick Chronicles." I wasn't sure what I was going to think, because I had heard so many conflicting opinions on it. Tyler and I have both read the books and we loved them. Parker has read the first one. I can say that the books are definitely better, and of course there are a lot of details left out, but overall, I enjoyed it. It wasn't deep, more entertaining. Tyler liked it too, and although it was a little scary, it was understood that it was make-believe and Aliza was fine with it. We would recommend reading the books, then seeing the movie!

On our way to the movie, we were driving down Lake Forest and a big, black wild hog almost ran out in front of us. I wish I had had my camera, I would have loved to have a picture! But this is what he looked like. He stopped and ran back and waited for us to pass before he ran out in front of the car behind us. Crazy. We totally live in the country!I hate daylight saving time for the first few weeks until we adjust. It is definitely kickin' our butts this time! The kids even slept until 6:35 this morning! Then we will go to Utah for 2 weeks, where we will get totally adjusted to that time, which is the same as our time before DS, then come back and have to readjust again! Argh!

And finally, I am totally stressed trying to get everything ready to leave on Wednesday morning. I can't believe that we will be gone for two weeks. The kids are so excited to go to Grandma's and to see our friends and family that they have not seen for 9 months!

K. I'm going to go get the kids from school now.

3 friends are talking:

Amanda,  March 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

Okay...that wild hog looks REALLY scary!

Jamie,  March 11, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

You guys have been busy! But it looks like you've been having a lot of fun!!-you are such a good mom Andrea!!

Sarah,  March 11, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

tell, idaho hi for me. i am soooo jealous, except it will be almost 80 here, and you will be enjoying what they call mild spring like conditions which = cold and probably wet. but i'll still be jealous. have fun!!!

Post a Comment

whatcha gotta say?

Quotables

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with family."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard..." from Annie

"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

-Audrey Hepburn


Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.


"I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way."--Bruce R. McConkie, "The Purifying Power of Gethsemane"


Friends, lurkers and stalkers

Labels

Labels

Aliza (14) baseball (4) basketball (1) blogging (1) Bunco (1) cooking (2) dance (2) dogs (2) family (12) fears (1) field trip (4) football (9) Fourth of July (2) friends (14) fun (2) funny (8) gas (1) girlfriends (1) giveaways (1) Gratitude (1) Halloween (2) kids (16) Lake Ray Roberts (2) Maris (1) Me (18) mom (1) Mother's Day (1) My opinions (1) Nauvoo (7) Parker (19) pets (1) PTO (1) reading (2) recipes (1) school (19) science camp (1) scouts (7) softball (2) summer (19) swimming (3) Texas (8) Thanksgiving (1) TV (2) Twilight (1) Twilight Camp (3) Tyler (20) vacation (15) weather (1) Yellowstone (1)
"...we must be careful, as we seek to become more and more godlike, that we do not become discouraged and lose hope. Becoming Christlike is a lifetime pursuit and very often involves growth and change that is slow, almost imperceptible. The scriptures record remarkable accounts of men whose lives changed dramatically, in an instant... But we must be cautious as we discuss these remarkable examples. Though they are real and powerful, they are the exception more than the rule. For every Paul, for every Enos, and for every King Lamoni, there are hundreds and thousands of people who find the process of repentance much more subtle, much more imperceptible. Day by day they move closer to the Lord, little realizing they are building a godlike life. They live quiet lives of goodness, service, and commitment. They are like the Lamanites, who the Lord said "were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and theyknew it not." (3 Ne. 9:20; italics added.)"--Ezra Taft Benson, "A Mighty Changeof Heart"

  © If the crown fits...

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates