Summing up the week, in 4 pictures or less...

It has been one wacky wild week. Fortunately, when it snows in Texas, nothing else is happening. At all. I know this because when I turn on the TV to check out the news, there is nothing but weather and traffic. When it snows, nothing else happens in the entire DFW metroplex.
No robberies, no murders, no nothing.
Or surely they would report it.
But from 6:30 to 7:00 this morning on the local news, all there was to report was weather, and traffic.
This week in our world, it has been basketball playoffs...
Tyler's team played on Tuesday night against another Prosper team. I wasn't able to be there because of the JB concert, but Maris went and said it was a great game. And according to Maris, T did awesome. He was apparently was fouled 6 times and therefore got to take a lot of foul shots. Because they won, they move on in the playoffs and get to play tonight. I'll report on that later and try to take pictures. (When I am watching, I forget to use the camera.)
Parker's team played on Wednesday night and won in a nail biter against a yeller coach. We were ahead by only 1 point with 10 seconds left, we had possession for a throw in, and the ref let the clock run out. The other coach freaked and they had to put the 10 seconds back on and our kids had to throw the ball in and not cross the center line, and he called a time out with 2 seconds left, and we still won by 1 point. Same result, but that other coach saved himself from having a coronary. Whatever. Parker was supposed to play last night, but they had to cancel it until a later date because of the paralyzing winter storm that we had yesterday.
Parker also had his writing TAKS test this week. These are the tests that determine how well the teacher was able to teach and their retention and salary is based on whether or not the kids do well. The whole school was practically shut down for the tests being taken by 3rd-5th grades. Park's class had a silent lunch in their classroom, and the other grades had to be silent all day long. No disturbances. The PTO provided water and a healthy snack for the tested children. When Parker came home, he said he felt good about it and said that he said two prayers for help. I love that when he needs help, he turns to Heavenly Father in prayer.
Of course the big news is the weather. After much searching for snow pants, I think that we left them at my mom's house. If not, they are gone, 'cuz I can't find them ANYWHERE. The kids have had two delayed start days (the 2nd day is today) and one early release day because of weather. The snow was wet and slushy yesterday and this morning is powdery on top and frozen underneath. Aliza went across the street in the empty lots and got nice and muddy, so I need to have her take another shower this morning before school. Yuck. This snow is gross. Here are some pictures of the aftermath of our snowy week:

Tomorrow is Aliza's first Activity Days activity is tomorrow morning. It is a stake activity so it is in Carrollton. She is very excited.
Of course, we are all very excited to spend Spring Break in Idaho and Utah. I looked at the weather report and it looks like snow in Idaho. Yay. The kids will have a blast!
1 friends are talking:
Woo-hoo! Spring Break 2008! Enjoy.
Post a Comment