All about us
My SIL Laurie posted this little quiz on her blog...thought it was fun!
What are your middle names?
His: Maris
Mine: none :(
How long have you been together?
It was 14 years in February, our 14th anniversary is June 24th...do the math, we dated for 4 1/2 months and we were engaged for 2 1/2 of those months!
How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I knew him for about a week, but he had been planning on marrying me before we met.
Who asked who out?
After stalking me for a week, he finally got up the nerve to ask me out.
How old are each of you?
We are both 38.
What are your astrological signs?
I am a Scorpio and he is a Sagittarius
Who’s siblings do you see the most?
Mine
Do you have any children together?
3...Tyler, Parker and Aliza
What bill is hardest on you as a couple?
I hate paying utilities...and spending $$$ on food and gas, what a waste!
Did you go to the same school?
No, I was a Davis Dart and he was an East High Leopard. But it is the East High in High School Musical, which gives him credibility with Aliza.
Are you two from the same hometown?
Nope, I am a Farmington girl and he's a Salt Lake City boy.
Who is the smartest?
Same answer as Laurie...we both have our strengths. Neither is smarter than the other.
Who is the most sensitive?
Depends on the situation. Maris can surprise me with his sensitivity.
Where do you eat out at most as a couple?
We like to try different places. Last weekend we ate at El Fenix, Texas' answer to El Matador.
Where do you shop the most as a couple?
Sadly, as a couple we spend the most time at Lowe's, just lookin' and dreamin'.
Where is the furthest you have traveled as a couple?
As a couple we have gone to San Diego and Cannon Beach, Oregon to the west and Chicago Illinois to the east.
Who has the best group of friends?
We have both been blessed with incredible friends who are all awesome in their own way.
Who has the worst temper?
First impulse is to say he does (hello, road rage) but we both have things that set us off, and I can get quite upset.
Who does the cooking?
When the cooking needs to be done, I do it! But he usually cleans up!
Who is more social?
Um, we are both pretty social.
Who is the neat-freak?
Me. But I am a stacker. He just doesn't put ANYTHING away...
Who is the most affectionate?
Maris
Who is the most stubborn?
He would say that I am, but he tends to "give in" in words, but that doesn't mean he has given in. It just means he is done fighting with me about it.
Who hogs the bed?
He says me, I say him. The truth is he has to be right next to me, so no matter if I sleep in the middle or the edge, he is right there!
Where was your first date?
Mr. Romance took me to a Sushi restaurant to show off (he won't take me now because he really doesn't like it that much) and to see Wayne's World 2. Then we went back to my apartment to watch Saturday Night Live and he fell asleep on the couch. (He also fell asleep in the movie.) To give him credit, at the time he worked the 3 am shift at UPS and it was way past his bedtime.
Who said I Love You first?
He did. In Norwegian so I wouldn't know what he was saying. But I knew.
Who has the bigger family?
He has 2 brothers, I have 4 brothers, 1 sister and 5 step-siblings.
Do you give/get flowers often?
He used to waste money on flowers when we were dating, but when it became OUR money, I had a hard time spending it on something so silly. I prefer stuff that will last...Photoshop is much more romantic to me than flowers!
How do you spend the holidays?
Now that we live in Texas, we spend them all here. But my favorite holiday to spend with my family is the 4th of July. I'd rather be with them for Independence Day than even Christmas. It's 1 week of pure unadulterated joy.
Do you have little pet names for each other?
I call him lots of stuff but nothing I can repeat here! Just kidding. I call him Mare, Muke, babe, and hon. He calls me Andi or honey...
I'd love to see all y'alls answers to this quiz!
What are your middle names?
His: Maris
Mine: none :(
How long have you been together?
It was 14 years in February, our 14th anniversary is June 24th...do the math, we dated for 4 1/2 months and we were engaged for 2 1/2 of those months!
How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I knew him for about a week, but he had been planning on marrying me before we met.
Who asked who out?
After stalking me for a week, he finally got up the nerve to ask me out.
How old are each of you?
We are both 38.
What are your astrological signs?
I am a Scorpio and he is a Sagittarius
Who’s siblings do you see the most?
Mine
Do you have any children together?
3...Tyler, Parker and Aliza
What bill is hardest on you as a couple?
I hate paying utilities...and spending $$$ on food and gas, what a waste!
Did you go to the same school?
No, I was a Davis Dart and he was an East High Leopard. But it is the East High in High School Musical, which gives him credibility with Aliza.
Are you two from the same hometown?
Nope, I am a Farmington girl and he's a Salt Lake City boy.
Who is the smartest?
Same answer as Laurie...we both have our strengths. Neither is smarter than the other.
Who is the most sensitive?
Depends on the situation. Maris can surprise me with his sensitivity.
Where do you eat out at most as a couple?
We like to try different places. Last weekend we ate at El Fenix, Texas' answer to El Matador.
Where do you shop the most as a couple?
Sadly, as a couple we spend the most time at Lowe's, just lookin' and dreamin'.
Where is the furthest you have traveled as a couple?
As a couple we have gone to San Diego and Cannon Beach, Oregon to the west and Chicago Illinois to the east.
Who has the best group of friends?
We have both been blessed with incredible friends who are all awesome in their own way.
Who has the worst temper?
First impulse is to say he does (hello, road rage) but we both have things that set us off, and I can get quite upset.
Who does the cooking?
When the cooking needs to be done, I do it! But he usually cleans up!
Who is more social?
Um, we are both pretty social.
Who is the neat-freak?
Me. But I am a stacker. He just doesn't put ANYTHING away...
Who is the most affectionate?
Maris
Who is the most stubborn?
He would say that I am, but he tends to "give in" in words, but that doesn't mean he has given in. It just means he is done fighting with me about it.
Who hogs the bed?
He says me, I say him. The truth is he has to be right next to me, so no matter if I sleep in the middle or the edge, he is right there!
Where was your first date?
Mr. Romance took me to a Sushi restaurant to show off (he won't take me now because he really doesn't like it that much) and to see Wayne's World 2. Then we went back to my apartment to watch Saturday Night Live and he fell asleep on the couch. (He also fell asleep in the movie.) To give him credit, at the time he worked the 3 am shift at UPS and it was way past his bedtime.
Who said I Love You first?
He did. In Norwegian so I wouldn't know what he was saying. But I knew.
Who has the bigger family?
He has 2 brothers, I have 4 brothers, 1 sister and 5 step-siblings.
Do you give/get flowers often?
He used to waste money on flowers when we were dating, but when it became OUR money, I had a hard time spending it on something so silly. I prefer stuff that will last...Photoshop is much more romantic to me than flowers!
How do you spend the holidays?
Now that we live in Texas, we spend them all here. But my favorite holiday to spend with my family is the 4th of July. I'd rather be with them for Independence Day than even Christmas. It's 1 week of pure unadulterated joy.
Do you have little pet names for each other?
I call him lots of stuff but nothing I can repeat here! Just kidding. I call him Mare, Muke, babe, and hon. He calls me Andi or honey...
I'd love to see all y'alls answers to this quiz!





8 friends are talking:
So insightful! ;) Gotta love the 4th of July, it's the best. And...I love have you have the countdown for it on your blog.
how=first have (dang I'm getting lazy in my writing)
sushi and wayne's world 2, sounds like you guys partied like rock stars. :)
So fun to learn more about you and Maris-you guys make such a good-looking couple! Thanks for the ideas Andrea-I need all the help I can get-especially with these little redheads!!
Ok-that snake thing freaks me out-I would just die. I bet you are constantly peeking in your toilet before going to the bathroom. I'm gonna have nightmares!!
This is your brother Dan. I had to fix a couple of your answers.
Temper- Andrea
Stubborn-Andrea
Patience-Maris!
I think we agree with Dan.
So happy that my brothers can gang up on me from thousands of miles away. Thank goodness for the internet!
totally randome here but did u know that STEPHENIE MEYER is coming to dallas? I have all the info if you are interested. -
Post a Comment