Home Inspection
April 17th will be our one year anniversary in our home. Well, Maris' one year anniversary. The kids and I didn't get here until June 17th. So one year means the one year warranty is up! We had a professional home inspector come this morning, more for peace of mind than anything. I just didn't want to find something in a month or even a year that could have been found and would have been covered. Mainly plumbing and insulation. Mostly good news...the insulators who did our bedroom a couple of months ago put in plenty, and you couldn't even see the studs on the infra-red scanner. There are a few shingles on the roof that need to be re-secured, and we have a small leak in the roof, but he said it might have been a fluke from the wind and rain coming in through the vent. He couldn't see any obvious problems or defects in the roof. We'll see.
Maris took some time off work yesterday and we did a little spring cleaning on the yard. We weeded the flower beds, trimmed them up and put down fresh mulch. I like the black. It makes the flowers pop. In the last couple of weeks I have been planting. I ripped out the ugly flowers that the builder put in that I hated, and put some Lantana in it's place. I also planted some Mexican Heather. Both are drought resistant and natural to this area, so they should be relatively low-maintenance. That is one of my criteria in flowers. In the next month or so, I want to find some cute pots and plant in them.
Below is my little tiny Mexican Heather. Both MH and Lantana flower all summer!





6 friends are talking:
Very nice! I love your house!
Love, the flowers!
You have a beautiful home. I love the brick. I also love lots of flowers in the landscape. Hopefully these will do better than your poinsettias :)
Maybe you don't have as many studs in your house as should be. That way when a tornado does hit your house, it will fall easier.
Seriously, you have a nice house. Rick and I want to stop there when we move back to the states.
It's not funny to joke about tornados when we were on tornado warning for 1 1/2 hours in the middle of the night. I layed in bed watching the weather and watching the shear clouds (these upper swirling clouds) move above and below us. The weatherman said "The tornado alarms are sounding in Allen (which is the next town South) and if you are still watching this, you need to go to the lowest level of your home in a room with no windows or outside walls."
On a lighter note, fel free to visit us. We have a guest room, but it is on the 2nd floor, so you might want to wait until after tornado weather is over!
Those flowers are so pretty...have any cure for a black thumb?
Post a Comment