{Seeking Ideas}
As everyone can see from my count down on my sidebar, my mom is coming to visit on Thursday. This is her first "just because" trip since we've been here. The kids are in school and so we will have all day to do things. I have a few places planned, like:
Sam Moon











13 friends are talking:
YOu know what is funny??? I have lived in the metroplex all my life and I have never done half those things. Never been to downtown McKinney, or the 6th floor museum, I have heard of spoons but never gone. I have heard of Trade days and never gone....Been to Same Moon and La Madeline:) LOL! Maybe eventually I'll get to all those other things in the next 30 years:) Hope you guys have a blast!
Can't beat breakfast at Cottin Gin in Prosper, but I vote for downtown Mckinney, I especially love the MOM and POPcorn place!
I'm with Amanda - I haven't done some of the things on your list either! I do hope you plan to go to a prosper football game ;)
Gatti Town. Don't forget that place. My mom just LOVED it there!
Lunch with your friends . . . (hint,hint)
ummm.... Sara's Secrets....
uh.... Billy Bob's.... State Fair... South Fork Ranch....
Let me know if you want more ideas. I'm full of 'em :)
You NEED to go to BJ's just so you can make me jealous. That is my favorite place to eat in Texas. The best is the PIZOOKIE which is a hot baked cooking with vanilla bean ice cream. Also, their MINESTRONE soup is sooooooo good. I also really like their garden burger but I am sure you wont try that :) Oh how I miss BJS just talking about it. Make your way down to the Belt Line!!
babe's in old town carrollton and all those great museums in fort worth. also i agree with bj's...that place rocks!!
Fun! I definitely have to say that my ideas are all related to having little ones...and my ideas are booming in that category. What's Spoons?! We're trying to come up with activities for Thanksgiving to introduce to all of Dan's family (all die-hard Californians...), so I'm going to have to keep checking this post for ideas for their trip. :) All I could think of was going to the Stockyards in Ft. Worth, visiting the Gaylord Texan, etc.
OOOO, pick me, pick me! Ok, I love downtown McKinney... but if you're there at dinner time try eating at Poppy's out on the patio. Ahh. It's so good.
And you've been to Mom and Popcorn's - right? If not, it's a definite downtown must!
Andrea-I've missed your blog-it was fun to catch up with the last posts. I'm glad you didn't get Parker a snake and I just have to say I admire what a great mom you are! Have so much fun when your mom visits!!
Love, Jamie
looks like some serious fun. i totally missed out, i guess thats what happens when your only at a place long enough to unpack, fix up the house, and pack again. have a blast with your mom. and plan on having me visit sometime after the new year. i want to see all those cool places.
Take her to the fair ... it's the best fair in the country! No lie.
If there is a movie out that she wants to see, go to Studio Movie Grill ... seriously ... it's the only way to go to the movies!!
I love walking around the Shops at Legacy ... great little food diners and super over priced boutiques, but they are fun to look through!!
The Dallas Arboretum has a pumpkin patch/petting zoo thing going on ... could be a fun one to do with the kids. I didn't like The Big Orange Pumpkin Farm in Celina though ... it. is. FILTHY. Totally disgusting.
Man, looks like fun. Wish I was coming to visit.
Popped over here from who knows where...
I'm in Fort Worth. I agree with most the comments. You have to do Babe's. There are several. Ours is in Roanoke. I love the area in Dallas at Knox and Henderson for fun shopping AND Southlake. LOVE!
Post a Comment