It was a humid, foggy day...
I really do have a lot to blog about besides the weather, but this is all so new and weird to me that I can't help it. It is 3:45 pm and it is about 55 degrees. We have 100% humidity and less than 1/4 of a mile visibility. It has been like this all week, except on Tuesday the cold front came from "up north" and the humidity froze. We had what they were calling "frozen drizzle," and school was cancelled for the day.
We have another arctic front coming on Sunday, but tomorrow it is supposed to be in the low 70's.
In the meantime, you walk outside and the air is soooo wet you can touch it.
And when it iced over, they laid down so much sand on the roads that you feel like you are four-wheeling in the sand dunes when you go out.






9 friends are talking:
Oh Andrea. You're hilarious. Texas is fun, isn't it? One day school is cancelled because of ice and the next day we're back in a t-shirt and Daisy dukes. Tell Taris that I'll be coming in for that free birthday car wash to get all the sand off the truck from the dune riding.
- - Go (pink) Cowboys!!! - -
and... Thumbs up to strawberries & cream. Oh wait. Is it strawberries and rum sauce?
Technically it is Strawberries Romanoff. And it's sour cream, brown sugar and brandy...
Oh my gosh! I can't believe I was calling you at that hour!! You were the last person I had called the night before, so.... I'm so sorry! My bag was SO packed with all the "survival gear" for the flight, it was probably pressing all sorts of buttons!
:) Too funny.
^^ Haha- that's me, Bree on my sister's account. ^^
That is some bizarre weather!
If I was a cat I would dream of the day I lived in a town with sand covered streets. Can you imagine the joy? Cats love sand. They love it Andrea. They love to relieve themselves in sand. Andrea! Do you get it?? Did you see a lot of cats on sandy street day? A lot of smiling felines? Happy from the sand? The sand on the street?
Where did you have Strawberries Romanoff and you didn't invite me? La Madeline has amazing Strawberries Romanoff. Mmmm.
Anyway, about the sand ... I totally agree.
Yay for La Madeleine! When do you want to go, Janette? Anytime!
mmm... La Madeleine. Did someone say La madeleine?? Let's share a jumbo Strawberry Ramonoff and eat bread with homemade jam and drink tons of diet Coke. A perfect after the holidays luncheon.
Post a Comment