For Brett
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below, with tiny lights like Heaven's stars reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear, for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear, but the sound of music can't compare to the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you of the joy their voices bring, for it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart, for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I can't tell you of the splendor or the peace here in this place, Can you just imagine Christmas with our Savior face to face?
I'll ask him to lift your spirit as I tell him of your love, so then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.
Please let your hearts be joyful and let your spirit sing, for I am spending Christmas in Heaven and I’m walking with the King.
~ by Wanda Bencke© Copyright 1999

Another of our friends who has lost a child shared this poem with us. Today was Brett's funeral. Please continue to remember Amber and her family in your prayers and thoughts, that they might feel some peace.






6 friends are talking:
I see you can't stop thinking about them either. I keep whispering her name because I just can't begin to imagine her pain today. I keep hearing her moaning and sobbing in my head and it brings me to my knees. God, please wrap yourself around the Burdick family tonight - they need You probably more today than ever.
I read about this over the weekend in Dr. Watkin's Eagle Express. I was so sad to hear about the loss of this sweet little boy - I found their family web site. I ached for her this morning, as well, knowing she would be attending his funeral today. What a tragedy. Every time I held Brady today I would be reminded of this mother's loss. I have been praying for them since I found out. It sounds like they are blessed to have a wonderful church family to help them through this horrible time.
A very fitting poem.
There is nothing like a good cry to start you off on your day. To remember how blessed we are! While in Cali a mother lost her three kids in a car accident only a few days before mothers day. The whole community wrapped three ribbons around every tree in the area and helped where possible. I will never forget that time and the time that she must have felt. My prayers are with this little family today that they may feel a little peace in this time of loss.
That was beautiful. I cannot imagine how the family is feeling. I have no words.
Thank you for sharing that.
Oh Andrea-that story of your friend just breaks my heart-I will remember them in my prayers.
I love those photos of Jesus.
(Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas-I love your nutcracker collection)
Love, Jamie
Post a Comment