We're just "cool" like that...
Yesterday at Parker's 5th grade "Holiday Party" we made ice cream (I'll blog that later.) He had so much fun with it that he asked if we could do it at home.
So, being the "fun mom" (haha) that I am, we did it tonight!
(We've stopped feeding Parker, apparently, and he is starving...)
The rock salt and the ice have a chemical reaction and it gets really cold...so Aliza got my gardening gloves out to insulate her hands...
Yum! It is really good!
And it's easy:
Take 1 cup of Half and Half and put it in a Ziploc baggie. Add 2 TBS sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Seal the baggie really good and put it in a gallon Ziploc bag that has ice and rock salt in it. "Play" with the bag for 5-10 minutes, or until the ice cream is the consistency you want it.
You can eat it right from the bag or enjoy it in a bowl. Be careful not to get the salty water in it, though! You could also add chocolate or strawberry syrup to the half and half for a different flavor.






7 friends are talking:
Parker looks like my Harrison. I know we feed these boys! Hey, no worries...I know you've had lots going on. I miss you, too.
Cool! I'm gonna do it. Parker is skinny, but I'll have to take a pic of Challis and post it...just for fun. We'll have a contest on who feeds their kid less, lol.
I want to be on the same diet as Parker. My abs don't show anything like his! Will that require making homemade ice cream?
Cause that is something I can add to my daily diet very easily.
When are we going to Fuddies for some Taris pole dancing?
Parker is SKELETOR skinny.
K, I just need to clarify that Parker IS sucking his stomach in...
Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! Thank you for the recipe!!
Aliza is a smart girl to grab your gloves! You crack me up with saying that you have stopped feeding Parker. It is kind of ironic because he is making ice cream ;)
See? You ALWAYS have the good snacks!
Post a Comment