My Project 365
"God doesn't care so much about where you have been as where you are, and with His help, where you are willing to go." Elder Jeffrey Holland
On New Year's Day, Creating Keepsakes put their newest KOTM (Kit of the Month) up for sale on their website. On a whim, I logged on and ordered it with relatively little problem and drama. (I had to refresh the page a couple of times because of high volume). Soon after I got a confirmation on my e-mail, and I logged on to Becky Higgin's Blog to read the newest info on how to use this kit. Wow. Talk about hate mail (or in this case, hate-comments.) People were livid. The website had apparently crashed and people were getting confirmations with $0 balances and some people were getting confirmations with 10 kits on them, but most people were getting nothing or being notified that it was sold out. Worse, international customers were told to call a long distance # in the States where they sat for hours, waiting. And, ummmmm, there was no one there on New Year's Day answering the phones...Furthermore, the kits were on back order and it may be weeks, maybe months before it actually shipped.
Then it turns out that in crashing, the site lost a bunch of orders, so even if you got a confirmation there was no guarantee that you were actually ever going to get it. And then, I started getting weird emails from them that had cryptic messages about what I had ordered, and none of it looked like it was a Project 365 kit. Then I got a tracking number and learned that something was headed my way, but who knows what it was...
A beautiful 3-ring binder with enough page protectors to document every day for an entire year.
And enough little cute cards to journal about each and every day.
It has made me think over the last year and look to this one and wonder what it has in store. There are sure to be some laughs and some trips and some fun times, but there will also be tears and heartache, there always is. It will be fun to document, and fun to look at.
A blog-friend of mine posted a link to a BYU devotional that Elder Holland spoke at a few days ago. In it, he spoke of Lot's wife and how she turned and looked back and was turned into a pillar of salt. He said that her sin was not in looking at the past but in longing for what that past represented and not trusting that the Lord had something better in store for them. She wanted to hold on to all the junk. He talked about forgiving others for their mistakes and not always bringing it up and also of only remembering enough of our own mistakes to prevent us from making them again. He said that in looking back, we should claim the embers and not the ashes.
I hope this will be a book full of embers...
If you want one you can buy a book on E-bay for anywhere from $70 to $185.
In the meantime, I am having a hard time remembering to take a picture EVERY SINGLE DAY.
And, I don't even know how to print an actual picture these days. I haven't actually printed pictures for years. I used to run to Sam's to develop my 35 mm film because I was so excited to see how the pictures turned out. Now I can see in my view finder how they turned out and erase the ones I hate. And I have storage bins full of these previously printed pictures sitting there waiting to be put in books.
I am excited to put pictures in the book...I'll post it when I do.






10 friends are talking:
Lucky! You got a kit! I logged on that morning to try and get one but didn't have any luck. I only tried a couple times and then went on to do other things. But I can't BELIEVE the hateful things that people have been saying. So awful. And shocking.
I love the concept, though. And will probably do something like it on my own. But I'm thinking more of a weekly thing. I don't think I could remember to do it everyday.
I'm excited to hear/see how it goes for you.
[Oh, and I just upload my pictures to Costco or Sams to have them printed. They have very user-friendly systems on their websites.]
Lucky duck! I tried to get one of those kits...no luck. Oh well, whatever, maybe I'll be able to get one and start it next jan. But yeah, people were SO mean. You always have such creative ideas, I can't wait to see what you come up with for this kit.
oooh, i am green with envy-- it looks so awesome-- i love all the paper-- can i come and just drool over it :D
Honestly I feel a little restricted to have to put it together the way they have it, and I am trying to come up with a way to make it unique. It also came with some 12 X 12 papers that I am actually dying to make into a board book...and don't get me started on the chip board...
If you let me come touch your stuff, I will teach you how to upload your photos so you can print them... deal? hmmm, I might need some of that blue bell too though to close the deal, or banana bread - whichever is on hand.
I'm really not a stalker. I forgot I already read your blog today. But since I'm here again. And since you mentioned board books...
I have quite a few left over blank board books from a big order, if you're interested in any. I have 5x5, 8x11 and 8x8. My cost on them was about $1 - $2 each. I'd love to unload a few for cost plus shipping if you're interested. :)
Buy some board books Andrea and I'll buy some from ya. Or... you can just make me a few with your new paper ;)
I can't wait to see how it turns out. How fun. I agree upload at home to Costco or Sam's and go pick them up.
That is really, really neat! I found another thing we have in common! I am a Becky Higgins fan, too...althought I haven't scrapbooked in forever...it makes me sad....Becky's brother in law Dane lived in the same ward we did in Blacksburg, Virginia. I would tell Dane's wife how much I admired Becky (I had a total hero worship thing going on ☺). It was funny to see their kids (the Higgins in our ward) in Creating Keepsakes from time to time.
I laughed at your comment back to me about Blue Bell ice cream. We are friends united in our love of Blue Bell!
I love the album. I tried to order one myself and I was unable to. You are so lucky. I know it will be available soon, but I still am going to be jealous of you that you already have yours. Have fun with the album. ;)
Post a Comment