Primary songs
Sister Hokanson and Sister Walch sang one of the newer Primary songs today in Sacrament Meeting, complete with a third verse that I hadn't heard before. Music really speaks to me, and I love the words and the meaning to this song...You can download the music with or without words for your iPod here...
If the Savior Stood Beside Me
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope, and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?
He is always near me, though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.

Painting my Minerva Teichert, words by Sally DeFord





5 friends are talking:
I love the painting. My great-grandpa worked with Minerva Teichert. . . an apprentice if you will.
I love this song too. It is beautiful and touching. Awesome!
Thank you. I really love that song, too.
love that song too:) Hadn't heard that third verse before.
that's my favorite primary song. when we sing it, i'm always loud and singin' proud. (sorry to the people who sit around me.)
Post a Comment