Adventures in Lawn-mowing
Since there is a 5 minute break in the rain today, Maris decided to mow down the jungle that is quickly forming in our yard because of all the rain. I pulled the 5 million teeny weeds that have sprouted up in the last few days, while he weed-eated. I am a little skittish while weeding, cuz you never know what is gonna jump out at you from under the bushes. Today it was just an itsy-bitsy frog, but a couple weeks ago a baby bunny jumped out of my lantana and I about peed my pants.
Maris always has this kind of luck:
Let that be a warning to all snakes who choose unwisely to wander into my yard.
**UPDATE...he saw two more after this. I hope they don't think they are living at my house.





11 friends are talking:
I'm so glad you get all the snakes. thanks for taking that hit for us, Andrea.
I second that!
Anytime, girls. Anytime. I DID pay a premium for this creek lot...the snakes got thrownin free...
Girl don't semd them our way! I can just see one trying to get inside...talk about shooshooing your britches!!! Actually, I can see Clark jumping on the closest peice of furniture and yelling for me to get it...he hates anything creepy and crawling! Not that I like them either!
YOu just convinced me that I can NEVER live in Texas. Good thing I'm happy here in CA. I also wouldn't do yardwork - EVER.
Icky! I'm glad we don't have to do the yard Work.
Yeah, I agree...time for their eviction notices.
Um. It's a joke, right ... those weren't REALLY in your backyard. Right? I'd be moving ...
No camping out in your backyard!
He looks so much bigger in the pictures of just him but when he is held up he looks like a big worm. I don't think I would have seen him. When I was there it was the spiders that made me scream, they are BIG!
Wow! Freak! I'm glad you got him when he was little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SrxQsE_Sfo&feature=player_embedded
Post a Comment